Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Block One for the Arcadia Ave. Quilt Along Done!


I signed up for the Arcadia Ave. Quilt Along at sassafras lane I'm playing a little catch-up and just got the first block done today! Its another foundation paper piece project (can you tell that I am completely addicted to paper piecing?) this time with hexagons.  It's definitely a challenging color study for me. I usually don't do too much low volume and the outer triangles get very washed out with such low contrast to the white print background so I'm not sure if I love it yet. I wanted to go all the way to orange and use more saturated yellows and oranges.

Here's some pics of the block being constructed.



It's growing on me a little. I just might love it the way it is! I'll work on block two and see what happens with the colors I choose. I'm linking up with freshlypieced for WIP Wednesday. Look forward to seeing all your great work.


8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is pretty spectacular! I really like your colour choices, for what it's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the colours in this, be great to see how you colour the other blocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will look great, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it draws you right in - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... how did I miss this QAL? Your block is fantastic! I'm so glad we exchanged info at the retreat today ... and that I can now add yours to my blog-reading list as another NM quilter!

    ReplyDelete