So this is the booty from the retreat:
- I finished two 65" lone stars, one for my cousin's wedding
- Did three more purple scrap paper pieced stars paper piece patterns from Wombat Quilts Paper Piecing Mondays
- Received an amazing 64 log cabin blocks already done and fabric cut for at least 30-40 more! (my first time inheriting someone else hard work- awesome)
- Pieced a small simple community service quilt out of 8 matching blocks from the fabric sale
- Pieced a swoon block
- and made peace crane number 91 for a fellow quilters pizza box
This was my cozy spot. On the dark side of the room but near the pressing room and because the door was open, I had the whole table to my self so I could paper piece. Plus I had a great view of the room and great company.
Oh. I lied. I did take one and only one picture at the retreat this year. The food was Awesome!!
So back in my sewing room on the other days of the last month I created my first original paper piece pattern. This is what it looks like drawn.
And then I copied it, cut it up and sewed the block remembering to add the 1/4 seam allowance to the edge of every piece. This is what the block came out like.
And quilted and bound. I tried the matchstick which I would only do on a small piece like this cause it took a lot of passes.
I have one finish this month and that is my Brother's birthday scrap quilt.