Friday, August 30, 2013

Finish it up Friday!

We we have a big grand opening at our clinic tomorrow and on top of that, last sunday Mateo and I got caught in the rain on the bike so I am very under the weather this week. I stayed home resting and of course, sewing!

I finished up the tutorial that I have been wanting to put together and finished up two Star quilts that I have been working on. The red and Blue one is for a raffle for the Doula program and the grey one I made for the tutorial so it might go to the school raffle in a few weeks. Here's a pic of the two together. Please see the tutorial if you would like to see the process pics.


I have one more WIP that I just didn't quite finish. This sweet Rainbow Morning Star quilt is only the second bed size quilt that I have free motion quilted at home! I'm so excited that I tried a new all-over pattern and it looks decent! It was getting dark but I still just had to update.


Anyway- so liberated by the idea that I can get good enough to FMQ  my own quilts. My new sewing set up helps so much with the clamps and the set-in machine. Well, off to sew the binding on this star then go over to the clinic and help get the birth room ready for our open house tomorrow!  Have a great weekend quilty folks!

4 comments:

  1. Your quilts are beautiful! I hope they do well at the raffles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, beautiful quilts, thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Great finish and going to check out the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool to see the different colourways for the same pattern!

    ReplyDelete